The owner of this blog may occasionally be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, we will always give onest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Getting support or information via our website or social media groups is NOT suitable for anyone dealing with a mental or physical health crisis or emergency.
If you have an immediate issue please contact your local hospital emergency centre, your local doctor or usual health care provider.
If you are dealing with a mental health crisis please contact one of the following:
If you need an Ambulance - call 000
Please note this site does not give personal medical advice or make changes to your diabetes management. Information provided should not be used for diagnosing or treating diabetes. Nor should information found here take the place of the advice of your doctor or medical team. Always see your diabetes specialist if you have concerns about your diabetes care.
Links to information about the medical aspects of diabetes can be found here, but My Diabetes Hub, Helen Edwards and anyone associated with this website, takes no responsibility for any information obtained via any link. We take no responsibility for any advice provided by another member of the public in discussions held in forums and social media groups. It is up to you to make your own decisions about such information provided in these places.
We may display links, logos and information about partner organisations; sponsors and supporters.
We will never promote one particular product over another, but rather provide information about all options for management of diabetes and wellbeing - with it being up to the consumer as to their choices. The fact that one company may sponsor us does not necessarily suggest their products to be superior.
"Friendly" links, or partner organisations are provided for the use of consumers in seeking other resources and avenues of support. These are not advertisements.
Your Diabetes Hub, Helen Edwards and its representatives take no responsibility for any advice or posts given on any blog post comments section, Facebook groups, other social media pages, by the public and by our members, either in regards to diabetes management, or any other issue or concern.
- We will not tolerate any defamatory postings which identify diabetes health care professionals or any other individual and we will delete any such posts.
- Contact between people via the Facebook Groups or blog is your own responsibility and we take no responsibility for the communication between people, or actions of others in these areas of the website or social media.
- Your Diabetes Hub, Helen Edwards, and any representatives take no responsibility whatsoever for any information found on other websites accessed via the links and resources page.
- Remember that individual medical advice is not provided in online diabetes counselling, it is of a general nature and related to your mental health and general diabetes education matters - you should always consult your doctor in the first instance in the case of medical problems or queries.
- We will never make changes to the medical management of your diabetes. We can provide general information about diabetes and its management only.
- We take no responsibility for any medical advice sought or given by any other member or source located via any area of this website.
- Please protect your own privacy and safety. We suggest that sensitive information is not shared or stored on any public computer, especially where other people have access to this.
Protecting your privacy
Please remember that any information you directly post at the Blog and our Facebook Groups are publicly accessible, so please consider your own wishes around disclosure carefully before posting any identifying or personal details.
Information you share is at your own discretion and will often occur without our involvement at the time in social media forums.
What type of personal information we collect
Your Diabetes Hub undertakes to collect your personal information only where it is necessary for the purposes of you joining one of our online courses or programme, marketing these to you, and where requested, distributing newsletters, updating our products, and responding to sales, personal and technical queries.
In most circumstances this information will be limited to your contact details, including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, company, company ABN, company address, your job title and phone numbers. Where orders are made online using credit card details, all information is securely transmitted in an encrypted format to My Diabetes Hub.
When do we collect personal information
Your Diabetes Hub collects personal information when you complete one of the following actions:
- Order products from Your Diabetes Hub;
- Lodge a support query regarding Your Diabetes Hub products or services via our contact form;
- Participate in Your Diabetes Hub promotional activities or surveys;
- Where you forward information to us in an email or as a hard copy document; and
- Other circumstances where collecting personal information is reasonable and permitted by the Laws of the State of South Australia, Australia.
Third party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites on the internet.
How we manage personal information
Your Diabetes Hub undertakes to take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information collected by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete and stored securely.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purposes which Your Diabetes Hub uses personal information, all commercially reasonable steps will be undertaken to securely destroy that information.
The owner of Your Diabetes Hub is not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Websites or media without permission.
Should you purchase an item from our store we will retain your contact details and details of the order in the woocommerce plugin on our site. We will retain this information indefinitely but should we delete the store, the information will also be deleted. We will never add you to an email list without your permission or share this information with any third party.
How will your personal information be used
Your Diabetes Hub may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- Marketing Your Diabetes Hub products, courses and services;
- Fulfilling orders for Your Diabetes Hub products;
- Updating Your Diabetes Hub products;
- Responding to enquiries about Your Diabetes Hub products and Services; and
- To fulfil all legal requirements of Your Diabetes Hub with respect to your personal information.
Your Diabetes Hub considers personal information we collect about you to be confidential and will not disclose such information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to your personal information being provided to a third party;
- Where Your Diabetes Hub is required by law to disclose your information;
- Where Your Diabetes Hub discloses personal information to the related entities of Your Diabetes Hub; and
- For gaining access to your personal information held by Your Diabetes Hub.
Except in circumstances where access to your personal information may be denied by the Privacy Act or other Law of the State of South Australia, Australia, your personal information will be provided to you upon request to Helen Edwards. Please find contact details below.
Correcting your personal information held by Your Diabetes Hub
Your Diabetes Hub appreciates you informing us if you have reason to believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or not updated.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may store contact information you provide when you send us an email via the contact form. We will never add you to an email list unless you opt in to this. However we may store your contact form in a digital email folder for future reference. This is password protected and will only contain the information you provide.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Privacy contact details
Should you have any queries in relation to the above or require further information regarding Your Diabetes Hub's collection, use and storage of your personal information please do not hesitate to contact Helen Edwards at email@example.com