Dr Kate Marsh offers individual dietary and diabetes education consultations, mainly for those with type 1 diabetes and women with gestational diabetes. She also offers health and medical writing covering diabetes management.
Kate has extensive experience working in diabetes management and works closely with local GPs and endocrinologists to help you in managing your diabetes. Having had type 1 diabetes herself for more than 25 years, she can provide a real understanding of the issues faced in the day to day management of diabetes.
Kate can help you with the following:
- Initial education around the management of diabetes for those who are newly diagnosed.
- The dietary management of all types of diabetes including the best type of eating plan for your needs and how to balance food with activity and medication/insulin.
- Exercise and diabetes including the best types of exercise and how to manage your diabetes around exercise.
- Self-blood glucose monitoring including provision of a meter suited to your needs.
- Education on insulin administration for those starting insulin therapy.
- Insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring (CGMS).
- Registration for the NDSS, to enable you to access subsidised diabetes supplies.