Founded in 1965, Diabetes WA is the peak body and voice of diabetes in Western Australia.
No matter what stage someone is at in their health journey, we can help. We work in the community to educate, inform, support and advocate on behalf of the thousands of Western Australians at risk of, living with and affected by this condition.
The dedicated team at Diabetes WA:
- provide essential diabetes-related products;
- provide a range of education programs and support services for individuals affected by the condition, that also help to make living with diabetes easier;
- run special Kids Camps for children with type 1 diabetes to help them gain confidence in self-management;
- raise awareness of the impact of all types of diabetes by participating in major campaigns such as National Diabetes Week and World Diabetes Day;
- provide community and workplace education and training to reduce the impact of diabetes;
- advocate on behalf of people with diabetes to eliminate unfair practices and stigma;
- provide resources, information and training opportunities for health professionals;
- represent a membership of more than 10,000 West Australians affected by this condition;
- run the Diabetes WA Foundation which funds a range of solutions-based community programs that aim to prevent or mitigate the impact of diabetes;
- raise vital funds and support for research that leads to improved treatments, which will enable people with diabetes to enjoy more freedom in their lives; and
- provide knowledge and programs that create a healthy and informed community, with the goal of preventing type 2 diabetes. One of our ultimate goals is to reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes.